Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Tools for Selecting an Awardee
Instructions for sending out a mass e-mail via BruinPost. Keep in mind that they charge by the hour, so the price may vary.
The Chair or a member of the Committee sends CALL for LOTY Award to:
- Create News item in Library website (JIRA ticket or Simon Lee)
- Add news item as highlight to LAUC-LA website pages (Simon Lee / formerly Aaron Bittel)
- LAUC-LA ListServ (email@example.com)
- Spotlight on the UCLA Library home page (formerly Dawn Setzer)
- BruinPost (see instructions document)
- Graduate Student Association ListServ
- Solicitation email directed toward all Senate faculty (ask past Senate Chair committee member to do this)
- Library News for the Faculty (Stephanie Kimura firstname.lastname@example.org) - submit request by Mid-November!!
- Various UCLA Library Facebook pages
- Various Library electronic signs (formerly Dawn Setzer for YRL, Courtney Hoffner for SEL, Renee Romero (still? she's changed jobs) for Powell, Samantha Alba for Law)
- Post flyers in campus libraries and on campus boards (UCLA Center for Student Programming; 105 Kerckhoff Hall; Mike Cohn - email@example.com)
- Residential Halls' electronic signs and boards - send via staff in Powell (Renee Romero (still?), Alicia Reiley)
The Chair or member of the Committee sends announcement of the awardee to:
- ALA, CLA, SLA, etc. (Ask the awardee for affiliations with professional associations to which the announcement should be sent)
- UCLA Today
- Library News for the Faculty
- Graduate Student Association listserv
- LAUC-LA listserv
- Various social media feeds (Facebook, Twitter)--contact branch library liaisons
- If possible, announcement should be sent to the entire community via a BruinPost
See previous reports on the LAUC-LA website.
Chairs of LAUC-LA Committees and certain LAUC-LA Executive Board members are required to a submit Mid-Year Report prior to the Spring Membership meeting, plus a Final Report before the Fall Membership meeting. The reports inform the LAUC-LA membership of progress made to complete a charge from in the LAUC-LA Bylaws or to complete a specific charge from the LAUC-LA Executive Board.
The reports should contain:
- Report name -- Indicate Mid-Year or Final, and for which LAUC-LA year
- Names of committee members, name of the committee chair or name of executive board position
- Charge(s) -- Indicate from LAUC-LA Bylaws and/or from the LAUC-LA Executive Board
- Summary of activities or work done, and analysis of progress made toward completion of the charge
- Suggestions of further work needed
Forms and E-mail messages
The mission of the UCLA Library is to provide access to and delivery of information resources to UCLA students, faculty, and staff in support of the research and instructional mission of the university. Relying on its highly skilled staff, the Library encourages innovation, capitalizes on appropriate technologies, forges effective partnerships and aggressively promotes excellence.