September 15, 2011 revision
DRAFT: LAUC-LA Handbook Procedures: Instruction Outline--hands on
Pre-requisite: If you have a LibGuides account, let the LAUC-LA Secretary know and you will be given editor rights for this guide. If you do not have a LibGuides account, let the LAUC-LA Secretary know. You will be set up as a Collaborator, which will give you rights to log into and edit this guide. Then log in to LibGuides and click on “please watch this how-to video” under “Create New Guide/Edit Existing Guide” for an introduction to LibGuides. Review LibGuide for your position or committee.
1. Overview of Procedures for LibGuides
· Reminder: The LG supplements, but does not replace, the main LAUC-LA website
· Purpose: To provide a location for documentation of procedures for LAUC-LA committees, task forces and officers
· Definitions (including editing privileges): LibGuide owner, editor, co-editor
· Linked boxes
· Access: Link to LAUC-LA Handbook LibGuide from LAUC-LA website
2. Structure (main guide, individual committee tabs, Officers Plus tab)
3. Standard parts of Individual Committee / Task Force Tabs
· Home (includes Committee roster, charge and timeline, if appropriate)
· Sample Communications
4. Homepage boxes
· What is LAUC-LA?
· LAUCtalk Listserv
· Executive Board Roster
· Committee Reports
· Conducting a Survey?
5. Maintenance update responsibilities -- Who + which parts
· Main guide
· Committee guides
· Officers Plus guide
· Archiving & preservation
6. Ongoing training and questions / troubleshooting
· Orientation / training for new committee chairs and officers
· Orientation / training for new LAUC-LA members
· Who will conduct ongoing training? (LibGuide administrators or other librarians who are familiar with LibGuide software?)
Don't forget to archive your content!
At the end of the year, please evaluate the information on your LAUC-LA Handbook page. Any documentation that is no longer current but considered important to archive can be moved to the Historical Documents tab.