LAUC-LA Librarian of the Year Award Committee
The Committee is charged with fulfilling its standing Charge as stated in Article VI. Section 10 of the LAUC-LA Bylaws:
a. The Committee shall consist of four members: three career librarians from different library units, and one UCLA faculty member. No member of the Committee may nominate a candidate for the award. No librarian serving on the Committee may be nominated for the award.
b. The Committee shall call for nominations for the LAUC-LA Librarian of the Year award; review the nominations; select a single awardee, as merited; present and publicize the award.
c. An eligible candidate for the Librarian of the Year Award shall be a LAUC-LA member at the time of nomination, and throughout the period during which her/his specific contribution has taken place.
Special Charge 2017-18:
Review award criteria and ensure that LAUC participation is included as a conisderation.
Special Charges 2016-17:
- Investigate online submission system that would allow for attachments (letters, pdfs, etc.) instead of asking nominators to email those separately.
- Give the Program Committee the estimated number of guests attending the award ceremony well ahead of the event
- Check with Executive Board for budgeting a BruinPost to announce the winner of the award
- Announce the winner through an all-staff email (as well as LAUC-LA list)
- Identify someone to take pictures during the award ceremony so there is something good to post with the news story on the website.
Due date: Updates to the LAUC-LA Handbook should be complete within one month of presentation of the award during the 2017 Spring Membership Meeting.