Medieval and Renaissance manuscripts of Western European origin in the UCLA Library Special Collections are housed primarily in two collections. Together, these two collections comprise approximately 400 bound manuscripts, as well as hundreds of documents, leaves and bifolia. Detailed descriptions are found in "Manuscript Collections"
- The Richard and Mary Rouse Collection
- Bound Manuscripts Collection
Other collections that include medieval and Renaissance manuscripts, such as family papers, and those of individual collectors that are topically focused and contain but are not exclusively comprised of early manuscripts, are listed below, with more detailed description in "Manuscripts in other collections"
- Miscellaneous Manuscripts Collection
- The Elmer Belt Library of Vinciana
- Farley Katz Collection of 13th-16th century manuscripts and documents
- Orsini Family Papers
- Bourbon del Monte di San Faustino Family papers