When the environmental scan is finished, consider if you might have better success, gather richer data, or have wider reach in sample size and so on if you find appropriate partners to work with on campus or off.
So who at UCLA might be a good partner to work with? Show them your plan. Get advice on your design, your rubrics, methodological approach, sample size, and variable identification. Examples of partners might include:
· Center for Educational Assessment (CEA) in the Office of Instructional Development
· Student Affairs Information & Research Office (SAIRO)
· Faculty Teaching and Learning offices (e.g. course redesign units)
· Campus/academic affairs IT (e.g. Peoplesoft or Blackboard managers)
· Student Association(s)
· Hiring a consultant such as CSU Fullerton's Social Science Research Center.