The following are examples of topics from students in past quarters of the class. You can use them to practice searching for different types of resources.
- Male Rappers and African American Masculinities
- The Korean Wave, KPop, and Asian Cultural Identities in flux
- Has colorism in the American beauty industry (especially advertisements) changed over the past decade? Why and why not?
- Films or TV programs about migrant Latinx children and trauma
- Racial and Gender Inequalities in Gaming
- Transforming images of the Muslim American Hollywood cinema and US Television, in relation to structures of finance, resource, and network
- Anti-Asian hate and the role of media
- How were animated cartoons produced during the Civil Rights movement portraying race and how were the racial images being received?
- Female beauty standards in Bollywood films and beauty products in contemporary India with emphasis on social class and caste disparities.