When searching for books in the UC Library Search catalog, here are a few strategies to start with:
- If you are not sure of where to start, do a Keyword search for relevant terms or phrases (put the phrases in "quotation marks")
- If you find a useful title, click on the Subject(s): to get a list other books on the same topic
- If you already have a relevant book or article in hand, use its bibliography to find other sources on the same topic
- If you have the title of the book you want, do a Title starts with search to find the call number
- Use quotation marks if you want to search a phrase
- Use * to truncate a word, e.g., america* will retrieve american and americans
Powell Library Floor Maps. Books with call numbers A-QA are on the first floor Book Stacks. Books with call numbers QC-Z and oversize books (with an * preceding the call number) are on the ground floor of Powell Library.
Young Research Library Map. Check to see where your call number is located.