LSC eDelivery is a new service that provides low-resolution access images of LSC’s paper-based collection materials to remote users. LSC eDelivery is available to all researchers but priority will be given to requests from UCLA community members.
What eDelivery provides:
- Researchers may request up to 100 pages of access images per individual per month.
- LSC staff will page, survey, and create access image files of LSC materials based on specific information from a catalog record or a finding aid.
- Your request should include the collection number, box number, and folder (or folder description) of the materials you are requesting.
- If the requested folder does not contain page count information, we will do our best to fulfill your request given our program’s limitations.
What eDelivery does not provide:
- LSC is not adequately staffed to provide research services by proxy.
- We are unable to consult large portions of our collections to determine relevancy.
- In-depth reference requests will require consulting the materials once we re-open, or sending a research assistant to facilitate this research. We will provide a list of available research assistants for hire once we re-open.
- We are unable to fulfill eDelivery requests for oversize items, AV or born-digital materials, fragile items that present significant handling issues, and collections with donor or other access restrictions.
Access images will be provided in pdf format and restricted to personal research use.
If your fulfilled eDelivery request does not meet your research needs, we encourage you to submit an additional request with additional collection, box, and folder numbers and we will attempt to fill it to the best of our ability and capacity.
To place an LSC eDelivery request, please email LSC staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a reference interview.