LAUC-LA Ad Hoc Committee on New Member Orientation
3-5 LAUC-LA members, including Chair or Co-Chairs. At least one member should be a new LAUC-LA member (hired at UCLA in the Librarian Series within the past 2 years).
The duration of the Committee is through August 31, 2016.
Charge to the Ad Hoc Committee
The LAUC-LA Ad Hoc Committee on New Member Orientation shall recommend formalized procedures for new member orientation.
The recommendations should address:
- What information and documents new LAUC members need to receive
- In what format should this information be distributed (online, print handouts, video, etc.)
- On which platform this information should be maintained (website, Box, Handbook, etc.)
- Who should receive notification of new members and a suggested workflow to accommodate the recommended notification chain.
- Who should contact the new member with a welcome message and what the welcome message should say (draft a template for the suggested content of a welcome message).
- Who should reach out to new members with an invitation to meet and discuss LAUC and who should participate in this initial face-to-face interaction with new members.
- Any additional information or recommendations the Committee finds relevant to this issue.
The report should be submitted to the LAUC-LA Executive Board no later than July 21, 2016.