Use the EndNote plug-in to insert references, and format citations and bibliographies automatically while you write your papers in Word. In order for EndNote Web to work with Microsoft Word, you must download the Cite While You Write plug-in.
Installing the Cite While You Write Plug-in for Macintosh
- Log on to EndNote in a Web browser, and then click the Format tab.
- Click the Download Macintosh link to download the Cite While You Write installation disk image.
- Double-click the Cite While You Write.dmg file.
- Drag the EndNote Web folder to the Applications folder on your hard drive.
- Double-click on the Applications folder, then the EndNote online folder, and finally the ENWeb_installer file
- Install Endnote Plug-In
- Open Word and look for the Endnote plugin
Installing the Cite While You Write Plug-in for Windows
- Open your EndNote Basic and under the Format tab, download Windows
- Install Endnote Plug-Ins
- On the Set Server screen, select the type of EndNote online server account you will be using.
- Select features. Click the drop-down to and select an option to install the feature on your hard drive. You may install both the IE plug-in and the CWYW for Word feature. Or you may install one or the other.
- Restart your computer and open Word and look for the Endnote plugin